Updated Wednesday 13th March – The period of public rights and publication of the unaudited governance & accountability return has now ended.
The audited accounts are now due to be received from government appointed auditors, PKF Littlejohn. These accounts will be published online within 7 working days of their receipt from PKF Littlejohn.
1. Date of announcement: Tuesday 29th January 2019.
2. Each year the smaller authority’s Annual Governance and Accountability Return (AGAR) needs to be reviewed by an external auditor appointed by Smaller Authorities’ Audit Appointments Ltd. The unaudited AGAR has been published with this notice. As it has yet to be reviewed by the appointed auditor, it is subject to change as a result of that review.
Any person interested has the right to inspect and make copies of the accounting records for the financial year to which the audit relates and all books, deeds, contracts, bills, vouchers, receipts and other documents relating to those records must be made available for inspection by any person interested. For the year ended 31 March 2018, these documents will be available on reasonable notice by application to:
This period will commence on Wednesday 30th January 2019 and end on Tuesday 12th March 2019 inclusive. (30 working days).
3. Local government electors and their representatives also have:
• The opportunity to question the appointed auditor about the accounting records; and
• The right to make an objection which concerns a matter in respect of which the appointed auditor could either make a public interest report or apply to the court for a declaration that an item of account is unlawful. Written notice of an objection must first be given to the auditor and a copy sent to the smaller authority.
The appointed auditor can be contacted at the address in paragraph 4 below for this purpose between the above dates only.
4. The smaller authority’s AGAR is subject to review by the appointed auditor under the provisions of the Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014, the Accounts and Audit Regulations 2015 and the NAO’s Code of Audit Practice 2015. The appointed auditor is:
PKF Littlejohn LLP (Ref: SBA Team)
1 Westferry Circus
London E14 4HD
5. This announcement is made by; Adrian Rilstone – Hon. Responsible Financial Officer (Stock Parish Council)
You can view the PDF version of this notice by clicking here.
Last modified: March 13, 2019